David Anton Venanzi

7/19/1959 - 7/11/2008
photo tribute pages (battle with Multiple Myeloma) (updated 8/1/08) updates continue
Here is a small sampling of the many images I took of my husband, Dave (and a few taken of him/ us by others).
It's those quotidian moments in life that we all take for granted that are so very precious. I had the priviledge of spending twenty-two years + with Dave that were filled with love, family, friends, music, travel, pets, adventure, excitement, laughter, fun, enlightenment, and pure exhilaration. He was my teacher and guide through life and I am so grateful for having had this time with him. I have loved every moment spent together with him! This is the best way I know to show how special
he was to so many people.
He made us all feel special. He always made all of us smile. He was the bravest man I have ever known.
carpe diem! Don't waste your precious time! tempus fugit!
all images copyright of Gail J. Worth unless otherwise noted
Please sign Dave's guestbook
click on the links below to see the full page(s) of images

 Dave with Family

Dave and Music 

Dave and Travel/Scuba Diving 
 Dave with Friends

Dave with Pets/Birds 

Dave's Face  
 Dave and wife Gail

 Dave and his battle with Multiple Myeloma

Dave's Everything Else
but the kitchen sink

 return to main tribute page

 Main Page- Aves International

 Dave and his battle with Multiple Myeloma- Bone Marrow Cancer
My husband, Dave, was diagnosed with StageIIIb Bone Marrow Cancer, Multiple Myeloma, in 2/01. We were told he would likely
survive another year to three years. After an autologous stem cell transplant in 8/01, he relapsed in 2003 and was treated with a
number of chemotherapy regimens over the next two years. Due to Dave's rapidly escalating illness in 2005, we closed the business
in October of 2005 for a few months, as I needed to devote time to my husband's care after an allogeneic stem cell transplant in 11/05. My husband returned home from the hospital in 12/05, after the bone marrow transplant, but he began to relapse immediately.
Other chemotherapy regimens gave him some time, but he suffered a lot the last three years of his life. He continued to valiantly
fight Multiple Myeloma until his death on 7/11/08 from septic pneumonia. We never gave up! We had planned to begin a new experimental drug called cyclopamine tartarate, but Dave did not live long enough to begin. I will always believe it would have saved him.


Dave shaved his head in preparation for chemotherapy 3/01

autologous stem cell transplant UCLA 8/01



home 9/10/01

sister Maj. Amy Cilento arrives from serving in Iraq 10/05. She returned to donate her stem cells for an allogeneic bone marrow transplant for Dave

There goes the hair again!

home 12/05

Dave was in ICU for eight days and hospitalized for a total of fifteen days for bilateral Pneumocystis Pneumonia in 8/07.

home early 9/07

Dave with dear friend Gerard Slomkoski on 5/14/08 during Dave's ten day hospitalization for hepatitis. Two weeks later, Gerard was broadsided on his motorcycle by a driver running a red light. Severely injured, Gerard was hospitalized for over six weeks and faces a lot more physical therapy.

Dave and Tom Vegors 5/30/08



6/20/08 one hour after a blood transfusion

 return to main tribute page

 Main Page- Aves International